As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the lives of people across San Diego County and around the world, we want to assure you that we’re continuing to place the safety of our employees, customers, and the community as a whole as our number one concern.
As Big Box Storage operates within an essential industry, our company will continue to function without interruption. Note that this status may, however, change as the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve.
While we are continuing operations, we’re also taking necessary steps to ensure all possible precautionary safety measures. These include:
- Halting person-to-person contact - Customers are not required to be present for delivery or pickup. Necessary delivery forms will be completed online with e-signatures.
- Social distancing - Employees are now instructed to maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from others.
- Trucks and drivers - Our trucks are now equipped with disinfectant wipes, spray, and hand sanitizer.
- Working from home – Our office is now staffed with only one employee each day. All other office staff members are working remotely from home.
- Office cleaning – We are regularly sanitizing any common areas within our facility. This includes the cleaning of frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, light switches, counters, etc. However, customers are not required to enter our offices – even when accessing their storage unit.
- Hand washing – Employees are directed to wash their hands repeatedly throughout the day. The use of hand sanitizer is also being reinforced.
For customers experiencing financial hardship during the crisis, please note that we have suspended all delinquency fees for the period of March 15th through May 8th, 2020.
Please note that we will adapt our policies if needed so that we may continue to put our community, our employees, and our customers first. Please stay safe and stay healthy. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.